Pages

Sunday, November 24, 2013

Happy 50th Birthday Doctor Who!

I just found out that I don't have easily accessible spell check on this new/old/borrow/not blue computer. I apoligize for any spelling mistakes that I make.
Any who, yesterday was the glorious and highly anticipated 50TH ANNIVERSARY OF DOCTOR WHO!!!!
HELLS YA!
Doctor Who celebrated it's 50th birthday on November 23, 2013. It was a massive deal in America, and pretty much the awesompocalypse in England. The BBC was holding massive marathons (the show kind, not the running kind), crowds were partying with daleks, heck I bet the queen had a drink or two in honor of The Doctor.
Doctor Who is the longest running sci-fi show ever (yes, even longer than Star Trek (original Star Trek only lasted for like 3 years (get your facts straight wannabe trekkies (Whovians 1, Trekkies 0)))) which makes the massive freakout justified.
The other part that justifies it is just the pure sweet awesome-ness that is Who.

Okay, here's the spoilerific part, so non-whovians should plug their ears.
Not that that would do any good.

So being a teenage girl by instinct I must go into the David Tennant aspect of this.

LOOK
From:www.guayageek.com

AT
From: kotwg.blogspot.com

THIS
From: blog.zap2it.com
MAN

10 IS MY DOCTOR. I WAS SO CRUSHED AT THE END OF "THE END OF TIME" THAT I ACTUALLY LITERALLY CRIED. NOT JUST "OMG I CRIED" BUT CURLED UP IN A BALL, CRYING AND MY DAD CAME IN AND THOUGHT I WAS SICK OR SOMETHING.
HE COMES BACK IN THIS EPISODE AND I'M FILLED WITH A EUPHORIA THAT CAN ONLY BE DESCRIBED AS FUCKING ASDIFOJAKWNEILUKRJHTGNFOEI.
AND YOU KNOW WHAT, THERE'S A HAPPY ENDING. HE DOESN'T HAVE TO HATE HIMSELF ANYMORE BECAUSE OF WHAT HE DID TO THE TIME LORDS.
(side note, I might have been watching "The End of Time" wrong, but I distinctly remember them going into the time lock thing.......HOLY SHIT HAVE MOFFAT/RUSSEL T. DAVIS BEEN PLANING THIS SINCE 2010!?!?!?!?!?!?)
BUT YOU KNOW WHAT?
YOU KNOW WHAT?
THEY HAVE TO GO AND PULL THE I DON'T WANNA GO SHIT ON US.
I MEAN GOD DAMNIT THAT IS LIKE CUTTING OFF SOMEONE'S HAND WHO'S OTHER HAND HAD ALREADY BEEN CUT OFF.
JEEGUS.
However, the rest of the show was excellent and didn't kill my feels too much and was actually very well written and preformed and just so freaking beautiful.
I suppose there's only one thing left that I want to say.....
Allons-y.



1 comment:

  1. 'Twas the awesompocalypse. Nice, nice.
    By the way, I appreciate the spoiler alerts. That is a fabulous thing for a blog like this.

    ReplyDelete