Pages

Friday, March 21, 2014

Disneyland Adventure (P.S- It's a long one)

Hello dear readers!
I promised last week that I'd give you an explanation as to what I was doing, and why that resulted in that horrific post.
Well, I was in Anaheim for this huge Catholic conference at the Anaheim convention center. My mom goes to it every year, and had this dream that she would take us to the youth day when we were old enough. Apparently we were old enough this year, and had to sit through 8 hours of Christian rock, 'aerobic praying', mass, and lectures about who even knows what.
This was incredibly ridiculous, considering I don't intend to be confirmed Catholic, yet my mother is in denial about it.
Overall, it was a lot more fun that I thought it would be, but that might've been because I was forcing myself to have fun. I had been told repeatedly by my dad that if I ruined it for my mom, I was royally screwed.
Also I was stressed the whole time, because I missed four tests at school that day which I spent ALL THIS WEEK MAKING UP. I LITERALLY WASN'T COMPLETELY CAUGHT UP TILL THIS MORNING.
There were a few redeeming qualities to it. Before the below picture was taken, there was this cool drumming thing that had absolutely nothing to do with Catholicism, with made it pretty great.
It was also the one year anniversary of Pope Francis being elected, so everyone naturally went batshit over that.
I only took one picture of the whole thing:

That's the Anaheim Convention Center Stadium. It was packed with about 15,000 kids from all around California. I think that Juan Diego was there too, but we didn't see any of them. I really only took the picture because the decorations were pretty.


OKAY HERE'S THE FUN PART:
My mom went to the actual conference that Friday, which was with all the Christian adults. Since she knew we weren't gonna be able to sit through all that a second day, she got us tickets to both Disneyland, and California Adventure.
So basically Gabe (le brother) and me got to run around Disneyland a week ago today by ourselves.
Naturally we got up bright and early, and got in right when the park opened.
Theres Main Street U.S.A all bright and early. Gabe is the kid wearing the dorky hat on the right.
We went to the Matterhorn first, since it was closed the last time we were in Disneyland. While we were in line, Gabe started complaining about how his German friend who had a very stereotypical German name that I can't remember would be flipping his shnitzle at the fakey german decorations at the ride. I told him to shut his face and just be happy that I was going on a water ride with him.
I was also flipping out because I kept thinking about how I was missing a very important English thing, and that I would have to make it up the next Monday.
It's really pretty, even if  it's fake and there's a lady's head in my picture.
I sort of lied when I said we went to the Matterhorn first. We tried to go to Space Mountain, but they were doing repairs on it that morning, but said it would be open later. We checked back after Matterhorn, but it was still closed.
Something you should know about my brother is that he is absolutely horrible with money. He needs to buy everything that catches his fancy, even if it's obviously a piece of crap. So naturally, since we were in Tomorrowland with no one around, he gets a build your own lightsaber.
Cus he's a dumbass.
Anyway, since Space Mountain still wasn't open, we went to SPLASH Mountain, since we had never been on that either.
I think that my earlier comment about not wanting to get wet became a challenge to Gabe.
I vaguely remembered going on Splash Mountain WAAAAY back when I was 4 years old. By remember, I mean I remember crying the whole time and trying to get my dad to stop the ride and let me off.
This memory made me a little anxious to get on the ride, but I knew that at the end it was a short drop, a big splash, and then it was over.
What I didn't remember was the animatronic hell that came between.
During the ride I told Gabe that if I was the ruler of hell, I would make it this ride on loop. He looked at me like I was the most evil person he'd ever seen.
"I will murder you and everyone you love"
Never go on Splash Mountain.
EVER.
After that horrific experience we were heading back to Space Mountain to check on things, when we saw that famous statue of Walt Disney and Mickey Mouse and some other ones.













When we finally made it back to Space Mountain, it turned out that it had opened while we were in robot hell and the line was a good old three hours long. Since there was absolutely no way we were gonna waste our day in that line, we went to the innovations exhibit that was right next to the ride.
First thing I see when we walk in:
MOTHER

DUCKING

IRON MAN

*ENSUE RABID FANGIRL MADNESS*
AAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

The rest of the exhibit was sort of a blur, but they had Fifa 11 and I tried to be John Green for a bit but failed epicly. However, I did beat my brother, so at least I learned something from the Swindentown Swoodlypoopers.
After that we tromped through Fantasyland and Adventureland for a bit. We went to Tarzan's Treehouse (which was another ride that I hadn't been on since I was 4, but this one was a lot better) and Indiana Jones (hands down the best ride in Disneyland). Everything in Fantasyland was either full or broken down, so we went to Toontown instead.
I regret to inform you Toontown, that neither baseball or duck is a number. I see you trying to make lemon a number too, and it's just not gonna happen.
We went to Mickey's house and were in line to see him and everything, but then we realized that we were in line to go see a guy in a mouse costume who was probably hating life at the moment and didn't need two teenagers to come in and add to the amount of people he had to hug that day. So we left.

At that point, we decided that we were done at Disneyland, and hopped over to California Adventure.
The newest thing there was Carsland, which had been under construction the last time we went there. However, the main reason Gabe had made our mom buy park hopper tickets was so that he could go on the California Screamin Roller Coaster. He went on that, while I bought ice cream and watched the water show.
No, I am not scared of roller coasters. I just really really REALLY hate to go upside down on them.
After he had completed his mission, we went over to the famed Carsland.
I tried really hard to take a picture of Radiator Springs, but then all these people were in the way.

The racer ride had a two hour wait, which we would not stand for. So we went to Luigi's flying tires instead. Basically, it's bumper cars but you're on a giant air hockey floor. It's not very exciting, but the engineering and design that went into it is pretty remarkable.
It also had this 'Hold hands with tiny people, but definitely DO NOT DANCE ON THE TIRE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD' sign so that was fun.
There was only one thing that I really wanted to do at California Adventure, and that was go to the Animation Academy. I was really hoping that I could go to one of the classes, but they were over a half hour long and Gabe didn't want to sit through that. So instead, we went to the other exhibits in the building.
If I haven't said it on here yet, I really want to do something for Disney when I get older. Voice acting, animation, scriptwriting, directing. I just REALLY wanna make movies at Disney, so I was geeking out to the max here.
One of the big exhibits here was the Toy Story Zoetrope. Here's a video of it so you can see what I mean. Gabe thought it was totally the bee's knees, while I got sort of distracted thinking about how people with epilepsy would hate this thing.
The next room was a bunch more animation things that little kids really liked because they could spin a wheel and see the pictures move.
The whole room was decked out like this. It was GORGEOUS.

We dorked around in there for a little bit, and then went onto Beast's Library. In there, you get a personality quiz to see which Disney Character you are.
Since I love those sort of things, I took it and got Maleficent cus I'm a boss like that. Gabe got Marlin.............*snickers*
The next room didn't get any pictures cus it was dark, but it was Ursula's Grotto. You got to sing Disney songs, and it would put your voice in the animation. Now, I'm completely delusional and think that I have a good singing voice. Hearing me fail at Hakuna Matata and my brother laughing at me brought me down a couple dozen pegs. Luckily for me, he did even worse :)
Gabe wouldn't let me go see what Turtle Talks with Crush were, we left and went to the Farris Wheel.
We also saw this thing when we walked out:
It was for this dance thing called MadTParty, and I really wanted to check it out by Gabe wouldn't let me :(
 By that point it was late afternoon and we wanted to go back to the hotel, but were too stubborn to leave just yet.
I was hoping for a nice relaxing ride, and a good view of the park but Gabe wanted to be EXTREME and go on the sliding cars.
I didn't even get a good picture cus Marlin's fat face was blocking the shot.
After that, we were just about to go back to the hotel, when we remembered that we hadn't bought any of the crap at Downtown Disney yet!
THIS HAD TO BE CHANGED.
A half hour later, I walked out with a stylin' Nightmare Before Christmas hat, and some useless Alice and Wonderland Tea.
Gabe got a remote controlled car because reasons.
After that, we went back to the hotel, watched dumb TLC shows for a while, and then got a free fireworks show since our hotel was right behind California Adventure. I'm sure it was more spectacular in the park, but it was still pretty great.
Right after the fireworks, I realized it was Friday and that I had a blog post due. I was too tired to do what would've been this post then, so I wrote whatever came to my mind.
So there, that's your extended explanation as to why you got an incredibly crummy post last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment