Pages

Friday, February 7, 2014

Music? What is this music you speak of?

Florence Welch
From: musictrajectory.com
So I thought I'd spice things up today, and do a music post (as you probably guessed from the title).
Now, I'm not a music connoisseur by any means, so this isn't going to be about notes or melodies or anything like that.
I'm just gonna rant about my favorite band......Florence and the Machine.
Florence and the Machine is an indie rock band from England. The band consists of-

Florence Welch: Main singer
Isabella Summers: Keyboardist
Robert Ackryod: Guitarist
Tom Monger: Harpist (you'd be surprised how often he's in the songs)
Chris Hayden: Percussionist
Mark Saunders: Bassist
Rusty Bradshaw: Keyboardist
Sam White: Backing Vocals

Florence and the Machine has two albums out. Lungs and Ceremonials, both of which are beautiful and amazing.
Here are links to a few of my favorite songs ((there are a lot more but that'd take a while)) by them:

Cosmic Love by Florence and The Machine on Grooveshark


Dog Days Are Over by Florence and The Machine on Grooveshark


Heartlines by Florence and The Machine on Grooveshark

((Hopefully those links work because I'm completely guessing on how to do this
If not, just go to this link for a bunch of songs by them))

Okay, I'm trying to write this quickly because I'm watching the opening ceremony for the Olympics at the same time, so bear with me.
This band is amazing for both their lyrics and instrumental....thingys. Lyrics are an important part of music for me, since I think of music as mostly glorified poetry, and Florence and the Machine have excellent lyrics that tell a story, and are very relatable. I also love their heavy use of drums, as rhythm is probably the most fun part of music.....said the percussionist.

I know that this is a short and kind of crappy post, but hey, there are Russian performances to enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment