Pages

Friday, October 11, 2013

Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 2: Sometimes, Leftovers Can Still Be Good

Wooph, that's a long title, but I like stuff like that. Anyway, my friends and I went to go see Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs 2 over the weekend. Actually they sort of forced me into the theater since I thought it would be a crummy movie. You can understand my apprehension. Kids movies can get a little tedious at my age. Also it has the dreaded curse of being a SEQUEL! DUN DUN DUUUN!! I finally agreed to get a ticket when my friends pointed out that the first movie was sort of awesome.

So we go into the theater, talk as all the families are coming in and taking their seats. We watch the previews (when of course I accidentally kick my popcorn and it spills all over the floor ((it was very upsetting))), and then the movie starts. Let me just say, this movie was not at ALL what I expected it to be.

A quick spoiler free teaser: Flint and the gang have been relocated from Swallow Falls since the food machine (the FLDSMDFR) went insane in the first movie and covered the island in giant food. Flint's childhood hero, Chester V, volunteers to do the cleanup since he has a big science corporation  (Live Corp) to clean it up. However, the teams that he sends into the jungle of food encounter a serious problem, which Live Corp cannot figure out how to fix. THE FOOD HAS COME ALIVE!!! As a result, Flint and his friends have to go back to the island and shut down the  FLDSMDFR to get rid of the living food.

The biggest thing about this movie is it's adorableness. Seriously, I nearly died from the cute that radiates from these living foods. For example, there is a family of pickle people that follow Flint's dad around, and theres one  girl with little fishhooks for earrings who has a pet onion. It doesn't sound very cute when I put it like that, but it's amazing. There are also these little marshmallow dudes that swim around in a pool, and they are FREAKING AWESOME.


LOOK AT THESE GUYS


AREN'T THEY AMAZING!?


LOOK AT HOW HAPPY THEY MAKE PEOPLE :D

Another thing is the puns. There are things like flaMANGOSs and WATERMELOphants and hipPOTATOmuses. There's BANANostritches and cantalope and wild scallions (I don't really get the pun there, but they look like giant dinosaurs which is just great in itself). The puns are incredibly amusing. However, besides the puns, the humor is a little bit dry. Don't look for sophisticated humor there.

Even though this is a little kids movie, it's pretty great. It'll keep everyone entertained (at least if you like the whole talking food thing), and you leave with a smile on your face and that fun 'aww' feeling. If you want to find out more, click here to go to the movie site. All in all, this was an excellent movie. 5 stars!

Picture credit: http://www.slantmagazine.com/film/review/cloudy-with-a-chance-of-meatballs-2

1 comment:

  1. omigod I went to the site and WILDEBEETS, Siri! WILDEBEETS! :D :D :D omgomgomggggggg!

    ReplyDelete